Video marketing is a great way to increase engagement, speed up brand awareness, and improve search engine optimization. Video is shared and engaged with more often than text, which is why you need to include video in your marketing efforts. There are numerous ways that you can use video marketing to improve the local presence of your church.
10 Ideas to Use Video Marketing for Your Church!
1. Introduce Yourself – Make a short video introduction about yourself, or your church as a whole. People want to know if you’re the right person to trust, and seeing your face and hearing your reasons why will help them.
2. Three Things Video – Videos are best, most of the time, when they are short. If you can think of three short points about a particular topic and talk about them and go over them in a short video, your audience will appreciate it.
3. Create Short How To’s – Think about some of the most frequently asked questions yo get and create short videos to answer them. They may be focused on reaching your community or even a series just for members or new visitors.
4. Highlight an Event – Did you host or go to an event? If so, record some of it, then piece it together or make several videos from one event to make a lot of short videos. Your viewers will love following you to events that you go to.
5. Tease about a New Project – If you have a launch coming up, using a video to tease your audience about it will whet their appetite for more. Make a short video leaving it with a question that makes them think of the problem that they have that you might solve.
6. Make a Book Trailer – If you’ve written an eBook, or are studying a book right now, you can use one minute to create a book trailer that lets your audience know what is in the book. This can go on YouTube, your website, and more.
7. A Day in the Life – Your fans are often curious about what you do every day. Show them. Take the camera with you and record tidbits of your day, then edit them together into one cohesive short video. Your audience will fill closer to you, and start developing more trust in you over time.
8. Host a Video Contest – Ask your people to make a video about why they love your church or event. Have them post them on their social media, YouTube and websites linking to the information about the contest on your website.
9. Video Testimonials – Ask your members to submit video testimonials that you can use on your site, YouTube and other places. The video testimonials will help potential members trust you more when they see that your members are real.
10. Record Google Hangouts – You can do a longer training or bible study on a topic and record it on Google Hangout, and then add it to a membership website, or break it down into shorter, pointed parts of the discussion. Q & A’s work very well for this type of video.
Don’t worry – your videos don’t have to be perfect. You can use something as simple as an inexpensive webcam; it doesn’t have to be professional to make a huge impact. However, if you do want to punch up your videos a notch, or record your PowerPoint etc. as a video you can use software like Camtasia.com to edit it and make it super-special. The key is to use video marketing to attract new potential members to to solidify the relationship you have with current members at your church.
Neil Richmund is a marketer who has a passion for helping churches impact the world – starting with the community that surrounds them.